I love Szechuan-style Chinese food and there is this great place not too far from my home that has some of the best I’ve had in the Austin area. However, that is beside the point, the point of this post is to talk about those not-so-Chinese fortune cookies with the supposed fortunes in them. I’ve taken to keeping the ones that just seem really funny for some reason or another. Or for some reason I make a connection with the saying because of something happening in my life. It’s funny how we create connections between two or more completely unrelated events.
Some of the favorite “fortunes” I’ve gotten:
- Be prepared to accept a wondrous opportunity in the days ahead! — this happened a few days before I accepted a position at the company I am now employed by.
- Give a hug to someone who needs one more than you. — I just like the philosophy of this one. The whole Golden Rule bit.
- Good things are being said about you — A follow on to the previous one, I’m sure.
- Your blessing is no more than being safe and sound for the whole lifetime. — Very Zen
- Don’t be discourage, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward — a good life lesson
- An alien of some sort will be appearing to you shortly! — not really a fortune or a saying or anything, just random.
Yeah, this post was pointless and rather meandering, but it is the journey; not the destination that matters. 🙂