I modified a recipe for Chocolate Nutella cookies when I found out Nutella was packed with sugar and was spiking my blood sugar way more than I wanted. I decided I’d make a cookie with very low to no sugar content. This is my recipe.
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (or for sugar-free, use Splenda)
- 3/4 cup of white sugar (or for sugar-free, use Splenda)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix sugars, butter and peanut butter together. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla into the mixture. Stir together the rest of the ingredients expect for the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, which you’ll mix in after the other ingredients are mixed into the butter mixture. Finally, once the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts are mixed in (you might have to fold them into the dough). Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on a PAMed cookie sheet and cook them for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let them cool down before eating.